Compiled by DGKN staff
Because of concerns surrounding the coronavirus and recommendations from Gov. Mike DeWine, many events have been canceled, changed or postponed. This list will be updated as the Gazette & News receives new information:
- Ohio schools grades K-12 have been ordered closed by Gov. Mike DeWine through the end of April.
- Ohio High School Athletic Association has canceled all remaining winter tournament contests, including girls state basketball tournament, state individual wrestling tournament, state ice hockey tournament and boys regional and state basketball tournaments.
- Kidron Community Council has canceled its annual Easter Egg Hunt.
- Orrville Area Boys & Girls Club has rescheduled its 30th annual Kids Benefit Auction to May 15.
- Wrestling event to benefit autism awareness organized by Joe and Dylan Hershberger has been postponed and a new date will be announced.
- The Wilderness Center’s Interpretive Building will be closing until April 15. All programming will be cancelled or postponed. Trails will remain open.
- Sonnenberg Mennonite Church’s Maple Syrup Festival has been postponed and a new date will be announced.
- Outreach Clinics held by Wayne County Health Department on the first Friday and third Tuesday of each month are canceled until further notice.
The Mt. Eaton Outreach Clinic held at Mt. Eaton Care Center (9176 Winesburg Road Mt.Eaton, Ohio) on the first Friday of each month is canceled until further notice. WCHD is also canceling the Kidron Outreach Clinic held at Kidron Mennonite Church (3987 Kidron Road Kidron, Ohio) on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Dalton High School’s spring production of “Bye Bye Birdie” has been postponed. For all Dalton Local School events canceled and postponed, visit www.daltonlocal.org.
- Central Christian School’s musical “Beauty and the Beast” has been rescheduled to May 1 and 2.
- As of March 22, Dalton Presbyterian Church has adjusted its schedule and will worship at 10:30 a.m. only. Anyone in need of pastoral care is asked to call Pastor Sally Fusek. The church number is 330-828-2144.
- The Dalton Community Historical Society has decided to close its doors for all scheduled activities until May 1, 2020 when the organization will reassess its decision.
- The Wayne County Health Department is operating on an appointment only basis effective immediately to avert the spread of COVID-19, according to a news release. The Walnut Street building phone number for vital statistics and nursing is 330-264-9590. The number to contact the Women’s Infant and Children’s (WIC) program is 330-264-1942. The number to contact Environmental Health is 330-264-2426.NAMI Wayne and Holmes Counties offices and the MOCA House Program are temporarily closed because of the COVID 19 crisis. Staff will be available to answer phones and respond to emails between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Recovery Aides are reaching out to Peers via telephone. If you need to talk to someone for support call 330-264-1590. If you are in a mental health crisis, feeling suicidal, or wanting to hurt yourself or another, call the mental health crisis line: 330-264-9029 or 911. It is advised that you not go to the emergency room before calling first, according to a news release from NAMI. Visit www.namiwayneholmes.org.