Dalton boys place 2nd, girls place 3rd at Orrville Invitational; Hodkinson breaks school record
Evan Hodkinson, Ava Martinez and Katie Good
INFORMATION AND PHOTOS BY GRACE GREER
ORRVILLE At the Orrville Invitational Saturday, Dalton’s boys track and field team received second place and the girls team earned third place.
Dalton senior Evan Hodkinson won the 1600m run (mile) and broke the school record that has been there since 1976 by Greg Kutz with a time of 4:32.8. The new record and Hodkinson’s time Saturday was 4:28.8.
There were also several other athletes that placed first Saturday:
* Sophomore Brianna Chenevey in the 200m with a time of 27.1
* Senior Katie Good in Shot Put with a throw of 35’3.5″
* Senior Ozzie Miller in the 100m dash with a time of 11.3
* Senior Evan Hodkinson in the 800m run with a time of 1:59.5
* Girl’s 4x100m relay team Briana Chenevy, Lauren Clos, Amelia Knetzer, Ava Martinez with a time of 53.1
* Boys 4x400m relay team Jordan Muth, Lucas Oswald, Dillon Horst, Evan Hodkinson with a time of 3:37.2.