Skip to content

KVFD responds to chimney fire Saturday


KIDRON  Fire was contained to the area just surrounding the chimney of a wash house in the 3900 block of S Kohler Road.
“Since we have folks in our community that use wood-fires stoves for cooking and heating water, there’s a chance of a chimney fire even in the hot of summer,” Kidron Volunteer Fire Department’s Facebook page states.
Kidron Volunteer Fire Department was called out Saturday evening for a possible structure fire.
“Turns out there was wood used in the construction of the wash-house that wasn’t given a gap and was right against the chimney,” the Facebook post states. “Over time, this wood became so brittle and dry that tonight was the night for it to finally ignite. Luckily it was contained to the area just surrounding the chimney.”

Leave a Comment