At 2 p.m. Feb. 18, the Wayne County Engineer’s Office reports the following roads closed due to flooding:
- Prairie Lane between Messner & Timken.
- Clark between Force & SR 83.
- Willow between SR 226 & Valley.
- Funk between SR 95 & Angling.
- Sterling between Franchester & Overton.
- Flickinger Hill between Overton & Mechanicsburg.
- Coal Bank between Bieri & Galehouse.
- Black Diamond between Bieri & Hametown.
- Warwick between SR 94 & Coal Bank.
- Hackett between Carr & Kansas.
- Hackett between SR 94 & West Lebanon.
- West Lebanon between Hackett & Jericho.
- Deerfield between SR 241 & Fahrni.
Several other roads have areas of standing water due to the melting snow and full ditches, according to a notification from the Engineer’s Office.
“We would like to remind motorists to never drive through high water,” the update states. “The Wayne County Dive team along with several area Fire Departments were called out today numerous times to perform water rescues for vehicles stuck or submerged in the high water. This poses an unnecessary and dangerous risk to the first responders. The Engineer’s Office would like to thank the Dive team and Fire Department personnel, as well as the dispatchers who helped respond to these incidents.”
East Wayne Fire District posted on its Facebook page Friday: “East Wayne spent the morning out on three separate incidents involving cars into flooded roadways. Remember to #TurnAroundDontDrown. Even if there are no road closed signs up, never take a chance driving through standing or moving water across a roadway.”