DGKN staff report
DALTON After having to cancel for a couple years in a row because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the village’s longtime tradition of Spring Clean-up Days returns next month.
After much discussion among committees and village council about the best way to approach the days considering residents may have extra items stored up and also with problems the village has had in the past with out-of-towners and residents dumping unacceptable items, the village has decided to offer two days for the service.
The village will have Spring Clean-Up Days 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, April 8, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 9 at Village Green Park.
Here are some things to remember:
- Use West entrance near Historical Society;
- This service is for village of Dalton residents only. People dropping off items must bring ID for proof of residency.
- Ohio county landfill bans determine what can be accepted. The following items cannot be accepted: household hazardous waste, medication and medical waste, tires, electronics, computers, paint cans or other liquid waste, all types of batteries, televisions, motor oil, pool chemicals, mercury or products containing mercury, yard waste, scrap metal (grills, lawnmowers, siding, roofing, etc) appliances, items containing freon (stove, refrigerators, washers, dryers, window air conditioners)
- Village employees will be available to assist with unloading.
- The village reserves the right to refuse any and all items.
- Village police will be monitoring the event.
Anyone with questions may contact Village Hall at 330-828-2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org