Lehman’s on the square in Kidron has many events going on this month and year-round. Visit www.lehmans.com.
Hop into spring with these events this month:
What’s a good name for a rabbit? Peter? Flopsy? Bugs? Trixie? Harvey?
How about E.B.? The Easter Bunny is hopping into town and his calendar is booked. Dalton, Kidron and Orrville and surrounding areas all have events and activities planned for family-friendly fun in April.
* NAME THAT BUNNY Hop on down to Lehman’s 10 a.m.-1 p.m. April 8 to meet a long-eared little friend in the Buggy Barn (lobby) of the store. Children can pet and take photos with this sweet little bunny. He doesn’t have a name yet so visitors can enter a name suggestion in the suggestion box and be entered to win a $25 Lehman’s gift card.
* FREE FUN AT LEHMAN’S From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 3 to 8, when you bring children and grandchildren along while you shop at Lehman’s, they can enjoy a weeklong Easter Egg hunt. Search for eggs hidden through the store any day the week before Easter. Collect one ticket from each egg and turn them in at customer service for a prize. No cost to participate.
* ALL ABOARD! The Orrville Railroad Heritage Society presents an Easter event 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 8. Calling all rail fans: Take a speeder ride down to Sugar Creek bridge for an Easter Egg hunt to meet the Bunny for a great photo opportunity in a setting like no other. Some special eggs may have a ticket for a free future ride on the open air passenger car. Tickets are available only at the rail yard during this Easter event. Speeders run every half hour or as determined by demand rain or shine. Pricing: $6 per ticket, adult or child. $8 per ticket if paying by credit card. Children younger than 2 years seated on laps are free. The Union Depot Museum and Gift Shop, 145 Depot St., Orrville, will be open until 4 p.m. the same day.
“Why not stop by both, take a ride, snap some pictures, laugh, and make memories!” the news release states. “Remember – your patronage is appreciated. Every dollar spent with us supports our preservation efforts, and stays in the Orrville Area!”
* KIDRON COUNCIL EGG HUNT The annual Egg Hunt at Kidron Community Park is 1 p.m. Saturday, April 15 put on by Kidron Council, which recently became a 501c3 organization. The rain date is April 22. This year’s officers for the Kidron Council are Jacob Troyer, president; Allen Miller, vice president; Sandy Detrow, treasurer; Chip Coleman, secretary; and Arla Neuenschwander, event coordinator.
Children are asked to bring their own baskets for the hunt, which is separated into sections for different age groups: 1-3, 4-6 and 7-10. For extra fun, each age group has a chance at finding an egg with a $2 bill. Pizza, a small bag of chips and a drink will be served following the hunt. Photo opportunity available with the Easter Bunny. Last year, a record 97 children attended, Troyer said. “It was a beautiful day,” he said.
Upcoming events: Kidron Days June 8-9 with garage sales, an evening benefit meal and music and run the morning of Saturday, June 10. The popular Fun Night returns July 18. To be included in the listing for the garage sales during Kidron Days, call 234-799-2137. For more information, visit Kidron Council on Facebook, email kidroncommunitycouncil@
* MAPLE SYRUP FESTIVAL The 25th annual Maple Syrup Festival is 7-10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 15 at Sonnenberg Mennonite Church, 14367 Hackett Road, Kidron. The pancake and sausage breakfast is available as dine-in or drive thru by donation. Proceeds benefit missions.
* HONORING JAY LEHMAN On April 21 and 22, in honor of Lehman’s founder, Jay Lehman, who planted more than 30,000 trees in and around Kidron, during his lifetime, Lehman’s is continuing his legacy and celebrating his birthday by giving away free dogwood tree seedlings to the first 250 customers each day in honor of Jay (while supplies last).
* ANNUAL CUPCAKE TOUR Eight stores. Eight cupcakes, Eight exclusive offers. One sweet cupcake tour. From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 28 and 29, begin with Lehman’s at Kidron on either day and pick up a map to celebrate spring with a sweet self-guided tour through eight retail establishments throughout Wayne County: Lehman’s, Eastwood Furniture, The Pine Cone Gift Shop, Shisler’s Cheese House, Journey in Time, East Union Bulk Foods, Skylar Brook Farms and The J.M. Smucker Company Store and Café. Reach a gourmet cupcake plus exclusive offers at each store.
Tickets are $16 and are good for both days during regular business hours of each retailer. Attend Friday or Saturday – or both. Ticket includes: eight gourmet cupcakes from different bakeries (individually packaged for convenience to enjoy on the tour or take home); exclusive Cupcake Tour coupons for special savings at each of the participating retailers; a Cupcake Tour lanyard (available at the first stop at Lehman’s) that will serve as an “admission ticket” as you visit each retailer. Show the Eventbrite ticket to receive the lanyard.
A ticket is required to receive the cupcake at each location. Ticket sales end at 11:59 p.m. April 21. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.lehmans.com/storeevents or bit.ly/Cupcake23. Call 800-438-5346.